Our guiding principles
Companies need a purpose that transcends making money; they need sustainability strategies that recognize that you can make money by doing good things. – Ratan Tata et al.
Management theorists love to debate the place of ‘core values’ vs. ‘strategy’ in organisations. Some argue that core values merely describe the kinds of ‘be nice, play nice’ principles claimed by most businesses, and don’t differentiate an organisation from its competitors or peers.
There’s no disputing that values alone are not enough. Business success depends not just on values but on organisational capability: consistent, yet agile, execution of the actions determined by a clear strategy.
Nonetheless, values matter. Below are a few of the values we believe in, because they make the process of working together more productive, enjoyable and profitable for both parties.
If these values fit well with yours, we’d love to talk with you about growing and developing your business.
Integrity and authenticity
- Open communications, an ethical standpoint, and frank advice.
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving, as well as leveraging technology.
- Strategies that can be put into action within realistic timeframes and resources.
Lifelong learning and improvement
- We are constantly discovering and developing, and love helping clients do the same.
- You can’t do it alone, and nor can we. Our work on your business is a partnership built on mutual trust and respect.
- We are client-focused, and keep our word and our commitments.
- We strive to provide value that maximises your return on investment.
- We coach and empower you to implement and sustain the solutions we create with you.
- We are adept at understanding unique business contexts quickly and with minimal disruption, and at interpreting and responding to emerging trends and conditions.
- Maximising profit is not as an end in itself, but an outcome of a business well-aligned with its core purpose.