Business strategy made simple
Today’s business environment of constant change, market volatility and global competitive pressure demands a structured, yet flexible approach to strategic planning.
The days of weighty, multi-year strategic plans gathering dust on the executive bookshelf are over. A strategic plan must be succinct, agile and focused clearly on guiding future actions to deliver successful results.
If you are seeking a fresh perspective to help you produce the business results you want, engage with us to develop and implement a strategic plan that will accelerate your growth and profits.
We will deliver a simple and actionable strategic plan focused squarely on your unique goals and challenges. Our work draws on proven methodologies, and on the insights gained through wide-ranging experience across many industries and all types and sizes of business.
Strategic plans often start with operations strategy: ‘how we will do things’. However, attempting to define the ‘how’ too early in the process often limits visionary thinking.
We turn that process on its head. First, we’ll uncover your bold and inspiring vision, and then address the mechanics of how you will achieve it.
You can’t get where you want to go unless you start with where you are. – Michael Hyatt
In so doing, we simplify the complexity and provide focus on the key strategies and actions you need to implement for success.
Our process draws on three simple, but highly revealing words:
- Understand the NOW of your business: what’s working and what’s not.
- Clarify WHERE you want it to be in the future.
- Determine HOW you will get there: the top three to four strategies to achieve your desired future.
We’ll analyse the forces that may assist or hinder your progress towards your goals, and develop specific action plans to maximise the positives and minimise the negatives.
Our powerfully simple tools and techniques will elucidate:
- Your sustainable competitive advantage: the unique strengths of your business
- Untapped opportunities in your business
- Your market segments and how to meet customers’ needs even better
- Threats and risk factors facing your business or industry
- Your priority actions and how to progress with them
- Barriers to success, and how they might be overcome
These insights will then serve to clarify the operational strategies (such as innovation, human resources and finance) that are needed to support your business growth and development.
We’ll prioritise those strategic actions that will deliver the most valuable or rapid benefits, because we understand that can’t do everything you’d like to all at once.
And we’ll set you up for success with a cyclical process to refresh, refocus and evolve your strategic action plan at regular intervals.
What to expect
Our strategic planning process is designed to ensure you ‘learn through doing’. You will not only develop a clear plan but also acquire skills, tools and, most importantly, confidence to drive implementation of strategies internally.
The strategy project typically spans two to four weeks, including pre- and post-consultations. (Yes, you will have some ‘homework’ to complete so that we can maximise the value you get out of the process.) The pace is determined partly by your capacity and needs, and by the number of stakeholders directly involved.
We won’t spend weeks or months developing lofty mission statements that make you sound just like every other business, or unrealistic strategies that you have little chance of implementing successfully.
Instead, we will deliver a clear, simple and practical strategic plan that paves the way for real action and improvement.
Strategy & Planning: Summary
- A facilitated planning workshop, led by an experienced business advisor
- An action-oriented process designed to maximise team participation and buy-in
- A clear and concise One-Page Plan for your business
- Clear definition of your vision, goals and competitive advantage
- Prioritisation of your key issues
- Actionable strategies
- Specific timelines and accountability for action items
- Enhanced ability to think and act strategically
- Practical learning of business tools and techniques you can apply yourself within your business
Strategy & Planning project
Your investment in the project reflects the typical level of business complexity and extent of stakeholder consultation required in different sizes and types of organisation.
- Small business (e.g. head-count <15) $3,275 + GST
- Mid-sized business (e.g. head-count 16+) $5,990 + GST
- Larger business (e.g. multiple divisions) $ on request
- See Business Advisory Support packages, from $750 + GST per month
Your chosen level of tailored support program can include a combination of:
- face-to-face advisory support and coaching for individuals or teams
- regular review meetings to track progress and promote action and accountability
- virtual support, including phone/online coaching and mentoring
- online capture and tracking of actions for improved visibility, accountability and greater likelihood of success
- access to our extensive online training resources, offering you and your team just-in-time training and support in tools that will assist them with timely delivery on assigned actions.
Ready for strategic clarity and action?
Call us on 02 8212 4440 or get in touch by email to arrange an obligation-free initial consultation.
Interested in other HyperSphere services? … Go to Services Overview.